So, the sales have already started, bargains galore! But is it really a bargain if it hangs in your wardrobe unworn? I don’t want to rain on anyone’s sale parade because we all love a bargain but there are rules! Ok, bit harsh but there are guidelines to a successful sale shop – online or in-store.
- Shop with a plan. What do you need? Is there a gap in your wardrobe?
- If you are shopping in person try it on!! If you can’t be bothered at this stage you definitely won’t be bothered to take it back if it isn’t right
- Buy ‘out of season’ items. This is where the real bargains are!
- Rule of 3. Are there three items in your wardrobe that you can wear it with? Do you have three occasions that you can wear it to? Or will you wear it 30 times? If the answer is no, put it back, it’s not for you.
- Trust your gut. If there is a little niggle saying no, listen to it.
- However, if you put it back and you can’t stop thinking about it, go back and try it again, then go back to the previous point.
- If you are shopping online take a moment before pressing ‘complete order’, preferably overnight. I know this runs the risk of that item going out of stock, but if it does, it wasn’t meant for you anyway.
Stick to these guidelines and you can be smug in the knowledge that you have bagged yourself a bargain that you will wear loads.
Good luck, have fun!